Centric Engineering Corporation (CEC) was founded in 2013, and offers a wide collection of services to Owners, Contractors, Architects, and Developers, while maintaining a high level of quality customer service. CEC has a wide range of experience that includes residential, commercial, agricultural, and institutional building structures.
We are currently offering an Senior Draftsperson position in our London area office location that possess the following qualifications and abilities:
- Creating and maintaining 2D project drawings using AutoCAD;
- Creating and maintaining 3D project drawings using REVIT
- Producing structural 2D drawings using REVIT and AutoCAD based on engineering sketches;
- Work closely with the structural engineers and designers;
- Conduct field reviews and structural observations.
- Diploma in Engineering Technology/Architectural Technology;
- Must be literate in AutoCAD and Revit;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs;
- A working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (OBC);
- Strong communicator, working independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to generate full structural permit drawings and specifications and provide contract administration direction and documents;
- Excellent client service skills with proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Work from and interpret rough sketches created by engineers and designers;
- Ability to accurately read and interpret architectural, structural, mechanical/electrical and civil drawing plans;
- Knowledge of building construction is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of various types of construction (ie. wood, concrete, masonry, precast, steel etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and construction methods/practices;
- Site experience is considered an asset;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license;
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Full-time, Permanent.