Intermediate Structural Engineer in Training (EIT)
Centric Engineering Corporation (CEC) was founded in 2013, and offers a wide collection of services to Owners, Contractors, Architects, and Developers, while maintaining a high level of quality customer service. CEC has a wide range of experience that includes residential, commercial, agricultural, and institutional building structures.
We are currently looking for a full-time Intermediate Structural Design Engineer in Training (EIT) to work from our London area office location that possess the following qualifications and abilities:
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete structural designs and reviews for new and existing buildings/structures;
- Complete written reports;
- Completion of engineering design assignments and management of projects of various scope and complexity;
- Completion of complex engineering design projects in conjunction with senior Engineers;
- Preparation of specifications;
- Review of engineering shop drawings and other construction administration documents;
- Field review of construction;
- Application of design and modelling software;
- Use of a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques to solve problems;
- Client interfacing, as required;
- Project management and coordination duties;
- Other assigned duties and tasks, as required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience;
- Registered Engineer in Training (EIT) within the Province of Ontario;
- Strong communicator; ability to generate technical reports;
- Familiar with structural analysis programs, such as, WoodWorks, ETABS, SAP 2000, or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Excellent client service skills with proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (OBC);
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawing plans;
- Site experience is considered an asset;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.