Junior Structural Engineer in Training (EIT)
Centric Engineering Corporation (CEC) was founded in 2013, and offers a wide collection of services to Owners, Contractors, Architects, and Developers, while maintaining a high level of quality customer service. CEC has a wide range of experience that includes residential, commercial, agricultural, and institutional building structures.
We are currently looking for a full-time Junior Structural Design Engineer in Training (EIT) to work from our London area office location that possess the following qualifications and abilities:
- Create plans, designs, and perform computer-aided structural analysis;
- Analyze reports, drawings, and related construction documentation to plan and design projects;
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents and calculations;
- Conduct field reviews and structural observations;
- Review shop drawings, contractor requests and RFI’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering;
- Registered Engineer in Training (EIT) within the Province of Ontario;
- Strong communicator; ability to generate technical reports;
- Familiar with structural analysis programs, such as, WoodWorks, ETABS, SAP 2000, or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Excellent client service skills with proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (OBC);
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawing plans;
- Site experience is considered an asset;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.