Junior Structural Designer
Centric Engineering Corporation (CEC) was founded in 2013, and offers a wide collection of services to Owners, Contractors, Architects, and Developers, while maintaining a high level of quality customer service. CEC has a wide range of experience that includes residential, commercial, agricultural, and institutional building structures.
We are currently looking for a full-time Junior Structural Designer to work from our London area office location that possess the following qualifications and abilities:
- Create plans, designs, and perform computer-aided structural analysis;
- Analyze drawings and related construction documentation to complete designs;
- Use computer assisted design software to prepare design documents and calculations;
- Conduct field reviews and structural observations.
- Diploma in civil/structural technology;
- Strong communicator; ability to generate technical reports;
- Familiar with structural analysis programs, such as, WoodWorks or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Excellent client service skills with proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (OBC);
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawing plans;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs;
- Site experience is considered an asset;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.