Drafting & Design Technologist Position
Location: London & Cambridge Office Posted: 01/26/2017
Centric Engineering Corporation is a structural engineering firm based in London, Ontario. We provide clients with professional engineering services for various types of projects including residential, commercial and industrial. Centric Engineering has fostered a qualified approach centered on constant collaboration among Owners, Architects, and Consultants. Our pivotal mission is to provide structural engineering and consultancy services with emphasis on creative solutions that embrace innovation. Staff at Centric Engineering are trained to be effective listeners, creative problem solvers, and knowledgeable advocates about all facets of the construction process from the design of new works to the modification of existing structures.
Centric Engineering is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team in the Drafting and Design department. The successful candidate will be working in our London Office.
- Diploma of Architectural Technology
- proficient in Revit (2017), AutoCAD (2017) as well as Microsoft Office Suites
- professional memberships with industry organizations considered an asset
- basic understanding of the 2012 Ontario Building Code
- knowledge of generally accepted principles, requirements and practices
- ability to think logically and complete work with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- ability to adapt to new technologies as required
- excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- team leader able to provide support, motivation and encouragement to the team
- excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships
- exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills
- participating in team efforts to develop strong design concepts and schematics
- preparation of presentation drawings and models
- development of drawings from conceptual and schematic design sketches
- development of 3-D modeling and drawings
- provide coordination between Owner and Consultant teams
This position allows for flexible work hours in a relaxed environment (with mandatory core hours between 9:00am and 4:00pm) – 37.5 hours per week minimum.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: TBD
- Benefits: Full (after mandatory probation period)
- Vacation: Two (2) weeks
- Job Location: London, ON
- Required education: Diploma/Certificate
- Required license or certification: Valid driver’s license with own vehicle (Note - occasional travel to Client sites may be required).